Title

Title

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Living With Little Quilts

Laundry can be fun!
My laundry room features a wall of small quilts
that I have made over the year. Most of them have been 
made using an antique doll quilt as inspiration. 
A lot of them are featured in this book.
The quilt in the top left corner is a favorite. 
You can find the pattern in our 
See the little quilt folded on the top of the basket?
That is my mothers doll quilt and has here named
embroidered on the back - so special.
  
I use little tiny nails to attach yardsticks to wall. Leave the 
heads sticking out so you can hook the nail into
 the binding between the stitches.

11 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this post! What a great way to display little quilts and a great way to take a walk down Memory Lane! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful display. It would make laundry day something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your site! Wish I lived closer so I could visit your shop! What size is the template for the little gems?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy we are using 3/4" jewels. We have a kit available on our website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. How closely do you space the little nails so that you have enough to hang the quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hanging idea. I think I'll try it with my mini quilts. You have the best looking laundry I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my! your laundry room looks like haeven! I would love doing laundry in there all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection that makes it more fun to go into the laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these little quilts look so lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post makes me wish I was still working! (momentarily!) I'm in a small condo, no space for a wall like this ... but boy-howdy, I'd love it in my life!!! Thanks for sharing!

    doni @ Oregon coast

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have inspired me to make some small quilts for my laundry room. Even though I do make small pieces (blocks) I do not really use them, just seem to collect them. Love this idea. Thank you for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete